Thursday, March 3, 2011

Another boring one

Sorry again, I'll warn you in advance. At least my last post had pictures! I just had a couple of random updates that I figured I should throw on here. Two weeks ago we moved into my parents house to live there until May until we move, since we are renting our house out here. My parents have been so nice to let us stay with them. And we have the whole basement to ourselves so it's really fine. I know they laugh at us when it's 9 or 9:30 and we head down to bed, but oh well!! It's weird going back to the old Harrisville 7th ward too. It's very different. But it's good. It's been fun hanging out with my 18 year old sister Rachel more too. Even though she's so busy! The other night I came home to find Dave and Rachel watching American Idol. Ha ha. I'm glad they get along.

We also got a renter in our house!! We are thrilled with the quality of this guy and hope that all will go well. He signed a 2 year lease so at least I think that he'll take care of it. I'm looking forward to having him pay my mortgage! Ha ha. I am just so grateful that things are working out.

I am now 23 weeks along in the pregnancy. Things are going well. I feel pretty good for the most part, besides nagging back pains. Nothing that rice bags and Dave's rubbing can't heal. We had an appointment yesterday too. I had to drink the glucose drink so they could check my blood sugars for gestational diabetes. Don't worry I passed. The nurse asked me, Do you have a hard time getting your blood drawn? And I said, Nope, we'll be just fine. So maybe I psyched myself and the nurse out, but she got the needle in my vein on the first try and I filled up those viles like a champion! So that made for a good appointment. Dave took me out to lunch after too so that's always fun. He's a sweetie for coming to every appointment with me. Yesterday morning he got to feel the baby move for the first time so that was pretty cool too. It's just all so amazing. We have another appointment in a month and then we will start to go every 2 weeks. That is just crazy! Then time will really start to fly by! We are planning on moving sometime the middle of May. So that will be here before you know it. We're just trying to enjoy the time that we have left.

6 comments:

Pyper said...

Its HV the best? Thats fun that you get to stay with your parents for a bit and great news that you found a renter :)

Feeling the baby move is one of the coolest things ever! Especially when the hubs gets to feel it as well!

Kari said...

I've been seeing your cars at the parent's!! Glad you got a good renter.
I love how you wrote you filled the viles up like a champion!! Fun Dave always gets to come with you, and that he felt the baby move!
I need to call you and get planning your shower, and hang out too since you guys are so close!

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

Im so excited for you guys. we need to hang out before you move.

Picture Perfect said...

I love how you think your posts are boring! I'm glad you're blogging so we can keep up with what's going on in your fun life! I can't believe how soon you will be moving, it won't be the same driving past your house!:)

Dave & Shauna said...

Oh yeah Pyp, HV's the best. . . ha ha. It's weird seeing the old peeps from the ward who have been here forever. But it's kinda fun too.
Kari and Meghan, whoever wants to, let us know when you want to hang out. We're always looking for something to do on the weekends. Sad that my parents have more activities than us going on!
Yeah Alesha, it's still pretty weird when I go to the gym on base, but I can't go 'home' after.

Dave & Shauna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.