
We have been very lucky in the past to attend several of the Christmas concerts with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. I particularly enjoyed Brian Stokes Mitchell, and Sissel. I was disappointed this year when we didn't get any tickets. Luckily, a few days ago, Dave's sister Jodi asked if we would like to go with her and her husband. I was thrilled! I kept asking Dave, now you're sure it's with David Archuleta right?? He and Jodi assured me that it said 'David Archuleta' on the ticket. Awesome. So then, Dave and Jodi both end up being sick!! Luckily, Dave felt good enough on Sunday morning, but poor Jodi was home in bed. (Well as much as you can be with an 18 month old). Dave, Blair and I got the the Conference Center, and parked with ease. Then the rain decided to fall. I mean, pour!! We had the three of us huddled under a small umbrella. The boys backs of their suits were soaked. My hair and coat got it pretty good as well. But it was all worth it once we got in.
We got to listen to the Music and the Spoken Word, which the Tabernacle choir puts on every Sunday morning. It was such a good concert. Michael York did a few narratives, and read Luke 2. He tells such good stories. The music and dancing were absolutely amazing. It definitely helped us get more into the Christmas spirit. Dave was even GLAD that we went. All in all, it was a success. Sorry Jodi couldn't go, but we appreciated the tickets, and I'm sure the guy who Blair gave the extra ticket to was appreciative as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment