Friday, December 31, 2010

The Announcement

Sorry I have multiple posts in one day. Let's just say I'm a little bored at work and wanted to stay caught up on this thing.

We had a great Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I usually never have my camera so I didn't get any pictures of the festivities. After the freezing cold run, I hurried home to shower so we could head up to my mom's. Dave then informed me that the shower was clogged and he couldn't fix it. Great. We eventually figured out that the pipes were frozen and got it taken care of. Great start to the day.

We made it up to my mom's for Thanksgiving. It was great to be together as a family, (although we missed Chad, Dan and Suzy). We had decided that we would announce that I was pregnant on Thanksgiving, but we weren't quite sure how we would do it. We figured an opportunity would present itself. And of course, it did. My sister, bless her heart, was a week overdue to have her third baby. She was a trooper and still joined us for dinner. As I sat down and got settled, I realized that I needed more gravy. My mom was right by the gravy, so I asked her to get me some. My younger sister of course says, 'Shauna you're so lazy, get up and get it yourself!' Then she points to my sister who's 9 months+ pregnant, and says, 'When you're pregnant like that people can wait on you.' So Dave took advantage of the situation and said, 'Oh yeah, that's why she asked. Is that why people are waiting on her?'

Everyone seriously just laughed like 'Ha ha Dave, another joke. Shauna's not pregnant.' He even said again, 'So Shauna will get waited on now because she's pregnant?' Again, just laughter, a little less boisterous that time. Then I looked at my Mom and said, 'You guys he's not joking, I'm pregnant!!' Then came the screaming. It was pretty funny.

What was even more funny is that the next day with Marshall's, we got about the same reaction. We were all gathered ready to pray, said the blessing on the food, then Dave says, 'You guys, can Shauna get her food first cause she is eating for two.' They kind of laughed and then I looked at them and said, 'Yep, I'm pregnant!' And more screaming.

Good times. We were happy to tell the good news to our family. They have all been so supportive and kind to us and we're so grateful.

No comments: