Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Mexican Cruise 2012

Dave and I went on our first cruise together in January. We booked this cruise in October of 2011 so we'd been looking forward to it for a long time! Big thanks to my family and Dave's sister Lisa for watching our little guy. I think he had a good time, aside from missing us. :)
We almost ended up not going because we were driving to California and it was right after our first big snow storm. And the night before we were going to leave, the cruise called us and said there was a delay with the ship from the previous week so we'd be leaving a day later and cut out one of our stops. Anyway, we decided to just go. We had everything arranged so why not. I'm SO glad that we did! We had a blast. It was so nice to relax and not think about real life.
 
 
A picture of our room, you may think this insignificant, but look at the corner of the little vanity area and you'll learn more later . . . . . . .


 
We had such good waiters. They were singing to us this night.
 
 
Our dinner buddies. We got along so well. She and I had so many things in common. We were a lot alike. It was fun getting to know these new friends.

 
Sorry, pictures are a bit out of order. Because of the ship delay, the lines to board the boat were ridiculously long and unorganized. And it was freezing even in California. We were so happy to finally be on the boat!


 
Cabo San Lucas. We spent a day and a half here. It was so nice to shop, eat, and walk to the beach. I can't believe how many times we got offered weed though . . . . .

 
Not sure why I took this picture and none of the actual beautiful beach! I did take some pretty pictures, there just on my actual camera and I'm being lazy.

 
Laying out on the ship. Notice my ice cream cone in hand. Gotta love the 24 hour soft serve.


 
This was Dave's chile relleno and shrimp we got at the Crazy Lobster in Cabo. Somewhat questionable looking, which is probably why Dave wanted to eat there. It was delicious!

 
 
 
Brought the ol' Rook cards.

 
Formal night.

 
So remember the picture with the corner of the vanity? Duh duh duh . . .  . . . .

 
Would you believe on our last day I seriously tripped on my luggage, (in the dark) and crashed the side of my head into that corner? Crazy huh? I just laid there holding my ear. Dave kept asking, Are you ok? He turned on the light and came to me. Didn't quite know if I was hurt cause it's kind of a laugh/cry. I told him my ear hurt so he wanted to see it. I moved my hand and blood was gushing everywhere. Looking back, I appreciate how calm he was. He sprung into action and got towels, put pressure on it and called down to the little medical clinic they have on board.

 
The back of my ear had a deep, long cut as well.

 
Had this sweet purple goose egg on my shoulder for a week.  So I got 14 stitches total! Crazy. 4 of them on the under layer cause it ripped through the cartilage, then 10 on top. So I had a 27 yr old Columbian doctor doing the stitches while Dave literally was assisting him. He had to move the light, hand him tools, soap, etc. It was pretty freaky. Poor Dave had to watch it all and help with it! He said it looked like someone took a hammer to my ear and just pounded on it. I couldn't stop shaking though and it just felt like I kept getting my ear pierced over and over and over while pulling dental floss through my ear. Weird, I know. So anyway, that was our exciting part of the trip. Dave thinks I need a better story to tell, (cause I'm embarrassed that I tripped) so he tells people I got bit by a dolphin. :) ha ha. All in all though, I am grateful for a few things, that it happened on our last day at sea, that I didn't hit my eye, break my cheek bone or knock out a few teeth. I'm glad it went through my ear. It could've been worse .
 
But really, other than that, we had a great time. We enjoyed the drive time we had to talk about grown up things. (other than we stayed in Primm, Nevada on the way there, we'll never do that again) We relaxed, ate as slowly as we wanted, napped, hung out and enjoyed the ship, the beach and everything else. I told Dave we should start planning our next one already!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Yay for your cruise!! Crazy how long ago you booked it. So nice you had fun dinner buddies.
Crazy you got offered weed all the time. So funny to read that!
Ha ha the constant icecream! You are Dave are lookin' good! Really :)
That food does look good. And look how blonde you are right now! Pretty dress!
Got Dave to play card eh?!
Steph had told us about your stitched. Crazy hearing the story and seeing the pics. Ha Dave, a dolphin? ha ha ha.
Trips kid free are sooo needed sometimes. So glad for you guys!

Clint and Sheri said...

ah what a terrible dolphin bite! haha that made me laugh pretty good. That is terrible! Glad it's ok. How fun to go on a cruise! And I LOVE Ross sleeping on the airplane!!